Thursday, April 10, 2014

Trust in God

Sometimes trusting in God is the hardest. I don't know why, but I guess it's because we can't see with his eyes. The scripture that immediately came to my mind was Proverbs 3:5-6 which says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." We can't lean on our understanding, it's not going to work. I know personally when I have trusted in the Lord, my life turns out better. One of the biggest examples that I can think of is when I decided to go on a mission. It was a hard decision for me to make but it's been the best decision of my life. Is it also one of the hardest? Yes. I left behind my friends (and one of my best friends was getting married), my family who I love more than anything, my schooling, earning money for school and later life; but I have learned so much and my mission is preparing me for so much. It's the perfect place to learn. I do not regret it one bit. I would do it again! I wonder why I was so stubborn about not going in the first place. The Lord totally knows better than I do!

Just like with Aladdin asking Jasmine if she trusted him to go on that magic carpet ride, we need to trust our Savior with our lives. Jasmine did not fully understand about how the carpet was safe and how it actually could fly. In the end that did not matter. She trusted Aladdin and she had a wonderful time. It does not matter if we understand what the Lord wants us to do, we just need to trust in Him and do what He asks. I promise we will understand later.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." -Isaiah 55:8-9

Our Savior sees everything- He sees the whole field, while we only see what's in front of us. Trust in Him and I know that your life will be enriched and very blessed!



More scriptures on trusting in the Lord:

  • Psalms 28:7 (Bible- Old Testament) "The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." 
  • Psalms 62: 7-8(Bible- Old Testament) "In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."
  • Mosiah 29:20 (Book of Mormon) "But behold, he did deliver them because they did humble themselves before himl and because they cried mightily into him he did deliver them out of bondage; and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases anib the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him." 
  • Alma 36: 3 (Book of Mormon) "For  do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

No comments:

Post a Comment