Monday, June 3, 2013

30 Days and Counting


"Missionaries leave their family for only a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity."

I can't believe it! I have one more month until I enter the MTC! Time has gone by so fast, sometimes it seems that I just opened my mission call last week. Some days I get scared and my biggest worry is how I am going to leave my family for 18 months. But then I remember how I felt when I got my mission call- even though I was unsure about going I felt peace in knowing that California was the place that I was meant to go. Homesickness is unavoidable but I am so grateful that I have a family to be homesick for and that we will be together for all time and eternity. Nothing is better than that. Many of my friends have gone on missions and as I read their letters they are full of happiness. In one letter it said, "Being a missionary is the BEST. And if anyone ever tells you it isn't, it completely and totally is." It makes me excited to enter the mission field and I know that the Spirit will be there to comfort me and I will not be left alone. 30 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment