Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tender Mercy

Prayer works. I know it does! I have known it for many years but it always amazes me when I get an answer to a problem that I have and my Heavenly Father answers me. His love for me is shown constantly through prayer.

I have been needing a little job to help me pay for some things before going out on my mission (luggage, clothes, bedding, a bike, etc...). The job I had last summer said they would hire me for the little time I would be there but I was not wanting to go back because I worked almost every day for long hours and I really wanted to spend my last month or two with my family before I leave for 18 months. Near the end of May I prayed to my Heavenly Father to help me find some way to make a little money before leaving that would still allow me to spend time with my family. The very next day my mom tells me of a job she found that someone in my ward posted. It's only 3 days a week, 4 or 6 hours each day, much better pay, and I'm selling Bridal Dresses! I felt so much gratitude because I knew this was an answer to my prayer. My Heavenly Father knew that I needed a job but I also needed time with my family. He knew my needs before I told Him. He placed this job so perfectly that it could not have been any better.  A tender mercy of the Lord.

For those of you who need a wedding dress (with jewelry, a tiara, a sash, a train, a veil, a corset, a slip...)  or a prom/formal dress go to the website here or you can follow them on Facebook here.
And the prices are excellent! The highest priced veils we have are $150.00 and those are cathedral.

And here is one of the many dresses. I realize I'm short so the length is longer than it should be. It was a little weird doing a wedding dress photo shoot when I'm going on a mission but it was fun.
And it's a great job. I am really blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment